African Child & Youth Development Initiative (ACYDI)
If you want to support us, you can do it in different ways - help with promotion, graphics and leaflet printing, organize a collection or minibazar in your city, etc., according to your abilities and possibilities.
If you would like to contribute financially, you can do so on our account at DFCU Bank Uganda Ltd, Account Number: 01253617595862
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 01253617595862
BANK CODE (LOCAL PAYMENTS): 05
SWIFT CODE (FOREIGN PAYMENTS): DFCUUGKA
ROUTING/ABA NO: DFCUUGKA
AFRICAN CHILD AND YOUTH DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE
BANK NAME: DFCU BANK UGANDA LIMITED
Become a regular contributor and place a standing bank order at your option. In this way you will participate in the good work we do. Thank you.
African Child and Youth Development Initiative (ACYDI): Is Registered and Incorporated as a not-for-profit limited liability company in the Register of Companies of Uganda on Certificate Registration Number: 80020000339575 on 29th June 2017.
ACYDI began its operations as a charitable non-government organization to mitigate the educational and poverty related concerns as well as support to improve livelihoods, health, and nutrition standards of critically vulnerable children (OVCs), women and youths in Uganda.
Our Vision: A united and healthy country (Uganda/Africa) offering the marginalized children and youths an opportunity to have a say and be involved in the socio-economic development issues/ decisions affecting them.
Our Mission/Goal: To empower children and youths to focus, organize and working towards social-economic wellbeing. We achieve this by empathy, social and economic empowerment through self-help projects, Advocacy, psychosocial support, community mobilisation and sensitization, outreaches, health, networking and educational support
Who do we support?
Youths between 15-35yrs school drop outs and unemployed
OVCs: Vulnerable Women and girls of the reproductive age
Female Sex Workers (FSW)
Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)
Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools (MHM- WASH)
Vocational Education Training, Entrepreneurship in Education,
Women of Reproductive Age
What we do: Youths: Your contribution helps us support more than 200 youths aged 15-35 who are currently enrolled in our programs. Both in semi-urban and rural communities 100% of these youths are out-of-school and nearly 95% are unemployed with a ratio of 50:50 male - female representation. When not educated nor engaged the youths are at greater risk than their peers for entering into early marriage hence early and unplanned pregnancies, engaging in petty and huge crimes, substance abuse and contracting HIV/AIDs. Your donation will help us continue our work with the community structures to combat these issues by engaging the youths in income generating activities (IGAs). They are trained and followed up with entrepreneurship and financial management skills, improved production and marketing as well as creating links to financial institutions for sustainable capital sources.
OVCs (children and women): The program also supports the OVCs and their families, equipping them with basic education and to attain vocational skills (using alternative and innovative methods to fund education) and provision of basic start up tool kits to beneficiaries (infected and affected children and women) which help them generate their own income in a sustainable way.
Is expected to contribute towards the following results:
- Increased levels of Knowledge about personal hygiene and menstrual cycles among girls, boys, parents, teachers and communities, accompanied by a change in behavior with regard to personal hygiene during menstruation.
- More girls successfully completed their schooling due to better hygiene and availability of good sanitary protection.
- Members of the savings and loan groups have a sustainable income.
- We improve access of hygienically affordable pads for the women and adolescent girl, distribution of the re-usable sanitary pads among the beneficiaries in ACYDI.
- ACYDI provides a loving and nurturing family environment for Uganda's orphaned and vulnerable children and also is the lifeline for their community. we provide services such as: school sponsorship programs, daily special needs program, support group for parents of children with special needs, teen girls support group, youth and young adult soccer club outreach, animal husbandry and farm training, crisis counseling, and child/women advocacy.