Job Title: Project Coordinator (One Position)
Organization: Orphans and Vulnerable Children Empowerment Group (OVCEG)
Duty Station: Buvuma, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Project: PEPFAR/DREAMS, Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
About OVCEG: Is a registered Community Based Organization (CBO), which officially began operations in October 2012, under the umbrella Organisation Buvuma Development Agency to mitigate the educational, nutritional, poverty and health related needs of critically vulnerable single and dual orphaned children and impoverished widows in Buvuma Island Island, Buwooya sub community and to provide educational opportunities for youth in the region. Our overreaching goal is to work towards the development, empowerment, and maintenance of a health community. The Organisation currently supports, AGYWs, FSW, PPs, KPs, fisher forks, Sinovuyo, 400 orphaned children and 100 widows.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Directors and Partners in implementing MUWRP mission and vision in Uganda. This includes building the capacity of partners so that their impact is maximised and ensuring effectiveness & efficiency of interventions. This position is will be based in Buvuma with frequent travels to health facilities in Buvuma Islands. The candidate will work under OVCEG/MUWRP guidelines and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enrol AGYW and track their partners for HIV testing and prevention services (HTS).
- Conduct quarterly HCT outreaches for AGYW and their male partners.
- Management of model safe space (rent, utilities) where AGYW meet regularly for HIV testing Services.
- Provide Expanded and improved the contraceptive mix to AGYW.
- Mobilize and roll out parenting and care givers programme (SINOVUYO methodology) among AGYW and their male partners.
- Condom promotion and provision among AGYW and their male partners.
- Form male action groups (MAGs) for HIV prevention services.
- Linkage of male partners of AGYW for HIV counselling and testing (HCT), VMMC & ART Provide and promote linkages for GBV post violence services
- Conduct sub-county steering meetings
- Supporting data management, entry data in both DREAMS service registers & Uganda Dreams OVC Tracking System (UDOTS)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Clinical Research Management:
Oversee all OVCEG operations including protocol and SOP development, training and implementation of protocols from patient enrollment to successful data capture.
Ensure all Ugandan and USG regulations are followed.
Act as a liaison between MUWRP and other agencies involved in OVCEG activities locally and internationally.
Provide leadership and overall supervision of the program operations.
Manage all site operations including management of program staff, performance, renovations, logistics, supplies and equipment, security and personnel issues in conjunction with the Directors and relevant MUWRP departments.
Identify training needs and foster a productive team environment
Work closely with OVCEG/MUWRP administration to develop, execute and manage program budgets.
Prepare program presentations and reports as required
Build strong relationships with primary implementing partners in Uganda and Government of Uganda and other in-country stakeholders.
Function independently, but escalate items as needed for higher level visibility, input, or action.
Complete other tasks as needed.
Provide systematic reports to review progress of activities to inform MUWRP and OVCEG management.
First degree in health-related profession, Bachelor's Degree in Social Work and Social Administration or bachelor's degree in Development Studies/Community psychology or a Degree in a related field. A post graduate diploma in project management, 3-5 years' experience in project planning and management with a bias in HIV Prevention and management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to implement high quality clinical research studies.
Demonstrated experience managing in-country partners, stakeholder relationships, and team of technical and administrative staff.
Ability to facilitate discussions of complicated, multifaceted issues and clearly communicate the decisions, implications, and actions in easy to understand ways.
Ability to build mutual respect and cooperative relationships with highly skilled partners, such as physicians and scientists.
Ability to inspire action from groups or individuals not in direct chain of command. Ability to excel in fast-paced, changing, and challenging environments and to quickly adapt to new technology and tools.
Ability to multi-task and respond creatively to trends, challenges and changes in the field.
Strong written and oral communication.
Solid organizational and analytical skills, highly organized, detail - oriented and self-motivated.
Outstanding MS Ofﬁce skills.
Ability to travel as required to Kampala and other sites as needed on a regular basis.
The ability to travel frequently between Buvuma and Kampala and other locations as needed.
Supervisory Controls: The candidate will report to the Executive Director.
Job application procedure Personal Competencies:
• Commitment and Drive for Results
• Pro-activity & Innovation
• Effective Resource Management
• Working with Others
• Relationship Building
• Communication & Influencing
• Thinking and Self-Management
• Thinking & Problem Analysis
• Learning & Resourcefulness
• Special characteristics / collaboration with external offices / working in external committees / conferences / work groups
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
Receive Volunteers/Visitors and put them in contact with appropriate person/department.
Receive incoming calls cheerfully and courteously and direct them to the appropriate staff members.
Take messages accurately and refer to person/department involved.
Keep written log of all messages, visitors, deliveries etc
Receive mail, packages etc and refer to designated locations.
Maintain an awareness of the location of personnel and activities of the Project so as to be able to make accurate referrals.
Maintenance of the reception area in a clean and professional manner.
Assist in preparation of meetings and trainings when requested.
Assist in up-dating the office notice board.
Assist OVCEG & MUWRP staff with photocopying services.
Ensure that Laboratory and clinic coats are cleaned and delivered on time.
Perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisors.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
A degree in administration /humanitarian studies, or its equivalent.
A minimum of 3 years' experience in the related area.
Excellent telephone manners.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Highly organized, sensitive to detail and self-motivated.
High level of integrity
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Vacancy Title: Accountant (One Position)
Deadline of this Job:
JOB SUMMARY: Incumbent will be located in Buvuma
The Accountant will provide overall support to the Finance section in the areas of accountancy. This position requires keen attention to detail and high levels of confidentiality and integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assign budget, funder and project codes to approved payment requests.
2. Preparation of Bank reconciliations
3. Ensuring that accounts are accurately monitored and recorded
4. Maintaining financial records which accurately record the project's incoming and outgoing finances
5. Assist in dealing with project's payroll by processing wages and employee expense claims.
6. Completing and filling monthly statutory deductions (PAYE, NSSF and WHT)
7. Participate in the preparation of monthly management/ financial accounts
8. Carrying out banking duties as a third party agent including making cash deposits, cash withdrawals, picking bank statements and other related tasks.
9. Oversee accountability of works advances following procedures in the accounting manual
10. Carrying out field visits to ensure project resources are put to the right use.
11. Updating the Income schedule monthly.
12. Participate in the preparation of Audit processes
13. Other reasonable duties assigned by the supervisor and / or Head of Department
Key Performance Indicators
1. Bank reconciliation is carried out on a monthly basis and MUST be completed by the 5th day following the month under review.
2. Attaching correct ledger account, funders and projects
3. Carrying out routine reconciliation of all accounts receivable and payables
4. Ensure staff salaries are effected as per policy
# 137.1 of the Human resource manual
5. Payroll deductions are prepared and submitted by the 15th of the month
6. Monthly management accounts must be completed by the 5th day of the month following the month under review and forwarded to the Program Coordinator for further review.
7. Accountability of works advances is done within the specialized time as per accounting manual guidelines.
Required Education and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Level III CPA or Diploma in Accounting and Finance.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- 3 Years Work Experience
SUPERVISORY CONTROL: The Incumbent will work under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and Country Director.
Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means as deemed appropriate.
Job Title: Data Entrant (One Job Placement)
Organisation: Orphans and Vulnerable Children Empowerment Group (OVCEG)
Duty Station: Buvuma Uganda Reports to: Project Coordinator
Job Summary: The Data Entrant will primarily ensure timely and correct entry of all data including survey data and routine program data (SMC, OVC, Prevention, HTC) into databases. The data entrant will carry out other duties relating to hard copy data archiving, alert teams on report submission guidelines and completeness and work closely with project team to ensure effective and efficient data entry into electronic data management systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Enter Program data- PWP, LTFU, Hub data, OVC, SMC, Care and treatment data from static and outreach sites into the MUWRP electronic data bases
The incumbent will also enter HIBRID and HMIS data into OVCEG data base to support data back and program tracking
Run routine reports as may be required by the clinic staff or MUWRP
Work in liaison with the IT team, routinely backup data entered into the electronic data bases.
Support completeness of MoH reporting by identifying gaps and addressing facility-based reporting challenges as they occur.
Ensure functionality of electronic data management systems
Carry out data quality assessment before entry into the system.
Maintain data entry requirements and standards by following data program SOPs.
Ensure proper filing and storage of office data both manually and electronically
Tasked with reporting database malfunctioning to the senior data entry specialist
Participate in the retrieval of information from the system as and when required.
Perform all hard copy data filling and storage.
Ensure confidentiality of the program data at all times.
Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for the Data Entrant job opportunity should hold a Diploma in any field or equivalent qualifications.
Significant exposure and experience in a health setting with knowledge of managing PMTCT, HIV Care & Treatment and HCT data is an added advantage
Computer knowledge in database management, spreadsheet, email, etc.
Good report writing skills
Familiarity with public health facilities and willing in serve in such settings.
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent communication skills
Title: Social Worker, Location: Buvuma District Uganda
The Social Worker will be directly responsible to and supervised by the Project Coordinator. The Social Workers will provide support to manage and implement DREAMS activities in Buvuma District. They will work closely with health facilities working and will ensure coordination with other relevant programs and stakeholders at the community and district levels.
Support sub partners in designing a safe space model to provide services to adolescent girls and young women
Support sub partners to manage the implementation of DREAMS plans and budgets and ensure alignment with overall DREAMS objectives and operational guidelines.
Work with District, Community and health facilities in the District to ensure coordination with other programs and stakeholders.
Support DREAMS partners to develop criteria for identifying and enrolling AGYW into safe spaces.
Support sub partners in the day to day management and implementation of the DREAMS interventions and community strengthening activities in the District.
Support DREAMS sub partners to ensure timely reporting, monitoring, and analysis of results against set targets, and use of data to adjust implementation strategies as necessary.
Support sub partners in developing, reviewing, and editing of program documents including progress reports, program descriptions, implementation plans, budgets, and MER plans.
Bachelor's Degree in Gender, Counselling, Public Health, Social and/or Behavioral Sciences or a related field, with specific emphasis on community-level health promotion and/or education.
Training and knowledge in community HIV/AIDS prevention and working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW).
Experience in gender and gender based violence programming.
Minimum of 5 years' experience in NGO and HIV environment.
A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a high profile, fast-paced environment.
Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) technical issues effectively and persuasively.
Fluency in the local language and English for day-to-day communication.
Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Job Title: Counsellors (Two Positions)
Organisation: Orphans and Vulnerable Children Empowerment Group (OVCEG)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate planning, implementation, and evaluation of the differentiated Service delivery Model activities in compliance with MoH and PEPFAR guidelines policies and procedures.
Support collection, analysis and validation of baseline and routine program data to support implementation and routine program monitoring.
Support health centers in medical commodity forecasting, warehousing and reporting to ensure constant supply of HIV commodities for patients receiving services
Ensure availability of tools to facilitate reporting and program monitoring
Ensure constant monitoring and leveraging of resources for program success.
Take lead and provide technical supervision and guidance to all staff responsible for community- facility activities.
Compile and submit technical and performance reports to relevant authorities
Ensure availability and use of appropriate data collection tools to track linkage
Participate in research activities, data collection and reporting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant for the job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor's degree in Guidance and Counselling, Psychology, Social Work and Social Administration or Social Sciences or a Diploma in Social Work with three years' experience. Or any related discipline.
- At least two years of related experience with Public Health programs.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experienced at capacity building and facilitating training and mentoring
Health Facility AGYWs IDENTIFIER (4 positions)
- "O" level certificate
- Must be a teenager (18-24) years
- Must know how to read and write
Vocational Trainers (4 Positions)
· Certificate/diploma/degree in hair dressing
- At least two years of related experience
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send the application letters, attach it together with application CVs, Photocopies of academic qualifications and three professional referees.
Email: email@example.com , CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5th January 2019
Submit your application to: The Executive Director, Orphans & Vulnerable Children Empowerment Group (OVCEG), Buwooya, Buvuma District.
Not later than 5th January 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
1. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews
2. Applicants who shall not hear from OVCEG on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
OVCEG is an equal opportunity employer
THOSE WHO RESPONDED TO THE FIRST ADVERTISEMENT NEED NOT TO RE-APPLY